National Reading Month is an annual event that promotes the importance of reading and encourages people of all ages to make time for books. The month provides an opportunity for schools to emphasize the value of reading and encourages students to develop a lifelong love of books.
Inchy’s Bookworm Vending Machine™ program shares many principles of National Reading Month as it provides a unique and engaging way for students to access books. The machine operates by rewarding students for demonstrating positive behaviors with a special golden Inchy tokens. These tokens can then be used in the vending machine to redeem a book, which the students are allowed to keep! Making reading a reward rather than another assignment! Taking the book home promotes the building of the students’ very own home library. Home libraries provide accessibility to books even when the student is not at school, promoting reading in and out of the classroom.
If you are already a Inchy member we recommend your school provides every student a golden Inchy token to redeem a book this special month. If you are looking to become a part of the ever-growing thousands of schools participating in our program, see how our book vending machines are being used this month to support reading.
Schools benefit from participating in National Reading Month by using Inchy’s Bookworm Vending Machine™ in several ways:
- Encourages Reading: The machine provides students with immediate access to books and encourages them to read more by offering rewards for positive behavior. This can help develop a lifelong love of reading in students.
- Improves Literacy Skills: By reading more books, students can improve their literacy skills and develop a better understanding of language and storytelling.
- Promotes Positive Behavior: The system of rewarding positive behavior with tokens encourages students to demonstrate good conduct, leading to a more positive school environment.
- Increases Book Accessibility: With the Inchys Bookworm Vending Machine™ , schools can increase the availability of books for students who may not have otherwise had access to them or want to continue fostering their love for reading!
- Enhances Student Motivation: The reward system provided by Inchy’s bookworm vending machine can help enhance student motivation and increase their engagement in reading activities.
Overall, Inchy’s Bookworm Vending Machine™ provides a fun and engaging way for schools to promote literacy and reading, and it is a valuable tool for helping to make every National Reading Month a success.